Food for thought : 5/1/16 OVERCOMING FEAR

This aspect has no particular method as there are various ways to overcome your fear, depending on you. I had the fear of heights (Acrophobia) for a really long time until I made up my mind to rid myself of it. If I'll be climbing the tallest of buildings in the future, then this phobia should be the last thing I should have.

1. Know Your Fear
There are lots of phobias which I never knew existed until I did some research. According to Wikipedia , there are lots of phobias and knowing these phobias would help you determine which one is accrue to you. Actually, people usually have a few fears which you really can't get rid of all at once- it's a step-wise process and it all boils down to self examination . I recently got to discover that being afraid of losing stuff is a phobia which has been a part of me for some time. Knowing your fears would help you move on to the next step which is...

2. Put Your Self-Will First.
We have the power to reshape all aspects of our lives, all we have to do is determine in our minds and hearts to do it. If after discovering your fear, your next point of action is dealing with it, you can but you have to confront it head-on. Like Glenn Ford once said, "If you do not do the thing you fear, the fear controls your life."
It's not an overnight task but it's possible. If you're dealing with acrophobia like me, make tall buildings your friend. In fact, instead of strolling on the road to take some fresh air, climb on the roof and take that fresh air (but don't look down, for now). As for the fear of losing stuff (Disposophobia), I've been really careless lately with things I used to withhold (mainly unimportant stuff), so I guess I'm dealing with that squarely.

Regardless of what your fear is, deal with it using any method that suits you. If consulting a Psychotherapist would make you feel better, then go right ahead. The important thing is to get the drive and do something.

Would you regard a phobia as a disorder? What fears have you had and how did you overcome them? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments



Posted by tboixy
Food for thought : 5/1/16 OVERCOMING FEAR Food for thought : 5/1/16 OVERCOMING FEAR Reviewed by Tboixy on January 05, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.