World News : Twin Sisters Transition To Brothers

Brenda and Bonnie (now Aiden) share a similar story.

Bonnie's life first started taking a different trajectory to her sister Brenda's when she came out as lesbian over 30 years ago.
Brenda says of receiving the momentous phone call whilst away at university in Seattle: 'I just remember being in utter shock.

'I felt a big sense of betrayal after that. I thought, "We're identical, we're the same, and you're messing with that.

'"You've just flipped my world upside down, because this is all I've known, this is my identity".
'I did not get the sense that she was attracted to other women, not until she told me.'

It wasn't until 1998 when Bonnie broke the news to her sister that she intended to transition to become a male.
'It felt really scary,' she admitted. 'And I was in shock for a long time.'

But the strength of the twins powerful bond helped them through the traumatic time, and now the twins say are closer than ever.
'We grabbed on for dear life, to go through this together. It made me hold on even more to the idea that we're twins. I can easily say it's just a name change,' Brenda said.


When I'm at my most vulnerable and need my twin the most I'll slip and say Bonnie. I love it – it makes me cry.'

She added: 'There's that core connection that can't be broken.

'People were even saying we weren't identical any more and I say "oh yes we are"! You can't change that, that's a fact; it's a biological, scientific, genetic fact.'

What is rare is having both twins transition
It shouldn't come as a surprise as many twins, especially identical twins enjoy the same likes dislikes experience the same feelings and have the same sexual preferences.

"It's just been great having someone thats just like me that understands my journey and what I'm going through" the brothers remarked.



Posted by tboixy
World News : Twin Sisters Transition To Brothers World News : Twin Sisters Transition To Brothers Reviewed by Tboixy on January 09, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.