Sports : Obafemi Waves Seattle Sounders FC Bye


International football star, Obafemi Martins has officiallydeclared he has left Seattle Sounders FC and has now moved on to join ShanghaiGreenland Shenhua Football Club, a Chinese club. In an emotional note on one ofhis social media pages, the footballer wrote;

Thank you Seattle. Thank you for everything. Thank you forthe memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you for the endless love andsupport, during good times and bad. Thank you to my teammates and coaches foralways believing in me.

Something I feel strongly about is challenging myself. WhenI came to Seattle, it was for the challenge. The challenge of playing in anunknown environment. I can wholeheartedly say that I seized the opportunity inSeattle and gave everything I had for the club. Continue…


For me it's now time for a new challenge. After significantreflection, I have decided to join Shanghai Greenland Shenhua FC of the CSL.When I left Nigeria for Italy at age fifteen with the hopes of a pro career, Iput everything on the line. I was immersed in an unknown culture. It may bedifficult to understand or relate to, but I've grown to appreciate the feelingI get when entering environments where I’m not a proven footballer.

Rave on,
Oba Martins

We wish him all the best and also hopes he retiresgracefully one day.


Labels: Coaches As He Waves Seattle Sounders FC Bye, obafemi martins, Obafemi Thanks Teammates, Seattle Sounders FC, Shanghai Greenland Shenhua Football Club


Sports : Obafemi Waves Seattle Sounders FC Bye Sports :  Obafemi Waves Seattle Sounders FC Bye Reviewed by Tboixy on February 19, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.