Post of the day : Being A "Mrs" An Achievement or Normality



Is it an achievement to be a Mrs? Is being female and single a bad thing? Does being married confer a higher status on women above the unmarried ones?
I ask this because I see married women sneer at single ladies. I often hear disparaging comments like 'go and marry'.
'She's still single'. I see married women behave as if their PhDs don't matter as much as the band on their fingers. Honestly I see women endure
unbelievable trash from their spouses just to remain married and answer Mrs.
Yes I'm married but I don't think it makes me better than that lady next door who is holding down a bad ass job and controlling her life. I don't think there's anything special about me being married. It's just like roulette to me. No one can control being married or not. I mean very ugly girls getting married every Saturday while delectable ladies wilt on the shelf. Who can know the reasons for marriage or not?
And for you married ones who fall back on the I'm married ledge...get a life. Do something constructive with your life beyond the #teammarried narrative.

It's so 1820. There's absolutely nothing award winning about being married.
Then you single ones who allow yourselves get bullied on account of not being married, please chop some liver, strong your mouth, up your game and know that being single is not a scourge. You can make your own decisions and choose your own turf without anyone dictating to you what to and what not to do. And yes when you get married, do not lose yourself. You are yourself and not an appendage of one Mr who made you his Mrs.


Jane Ohaji-Akwani
Credit : Lailasblog
Post of the day : Being A "Mrs" An Achievement or Normality Post of the day : Being A "Mrs" An Achievement or Normality Reviewed by Tboixy on March 03, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.